Sunday, July 29, 2012

Falling Forward

As I turned the key of my tiny New York mailbox, a rush of excitement came over me as I saw the first fall fashion magazine had been delivered. Like a small school girl I jumped for joy in the lobby of my building... Finally we all get another chance. We all start over, and with the sweet scent of fashion in the air, we all begin to fall forward.

Here are some looks which I am most excited about for this fall:

Burgundy:

I cannot wait to get my hands on this lush color this season. The hue of this red brings out the best in almost anyone's skin tone and can go great with brown or black.

  

Houndstooth:

Lately, I have seen this print popping up in stores more often. This pattern can be seen on a pair of chef's pants, but when worn the right way, you can create a chic look instantly. I love this pattern on a skinny pant with a bright collared top. Where ever you can add a pop of this pattern, you are sure to seem on trend for fall.


Studs:

This embellishment has taken a new turn by becoming a primary staple to almost any ensemble. This trend first made its way to stores early this year and seems to be sticking around for fall. Embellished flats, tops, belts, and jackets can make a look become edgy and stylish. Be careful to not put in too much studs into an ensemble (you might start to get that "biker chick" look). Added carefully to a feminine look, studs add something special to an outfit and will always make you feel on trend.





Lace:

What woman doesn't want to dowse herself in a fabric so utterly feminine and chic. This fabric has been around for centuries and continues to make us feel special and chic. Adding lace to and item of clothing can make you feel dressed up even for a walk in the park.


Peplum:

We seem to be having peplum popping up everywhere these days! Peplum is not only flattering to any silhouette, but it adds an old fashion femininity to an outfit that we have not seen for a while. Whether you are curvy, or boy-ish figured, peplum looks great and will make you feel instantly girly. Whether the silhouette is worn to the office, or out on the town you will be on trend in any of these looks.




Stay tuned for more fall finds. I promise I will do my best to give you the latest on what I am falling forward for. In the meantime,  I don't know about you, but I am saving every paycheck so that I can start getting my wardrobe filled with the latest fall trends. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment