Sunday, July 1, 2012

The World of the Sophisticate

It has been said by many, that the term sophistication is to "become less natural, especially to make less naive and more worldly."

Life can get a bit routine. We all mostly work from nine to five, go to the gym, make dinner, and then do it all over again the very next day. However, on Sunday afternoon when the streets are a bit more quiet, perhaps we can all stop and take a moment to be sophisticated; be chic; and of course fabulous.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sarah, and I recently moved to New York City from Southern California. So many people I have come across in recent months have asked me "what in the world were you thinking?" Do not get me wrong, I know that roots are extremely important, and I was brought up in one of the most beautiful parts of this country, but it is New York City where I have found a true sense of sophistication in my day-to-day life and a passion of sharing it with others.

My mother and father were both originally from New York City. My father, a true musician and glorified "rock star" in the 1970's, and my mother a model during the fashionable "mod" era, I was brought up on the glamorous stories of "old New York" and what has been a dream to experience myself. Since embarking on the adventure (moving to NYC last April 2010), the inspiration I see on my commute to work, or walking through Central Park on the weekend, is practically overwhelming. New York is everything I always dreamed it was, and with each day I find it is more than I ever expected.

The purpose of this blog is to share with my fellow sophisticates what has inspired me within the past week. Whether I am on the streets of this crazy city, or finding out about the latest brunch spot, SundaySophistication will sum up New York City's finest moments all in a single posting.

I hope that this blog brings you the chic and fabulous-ness that is only New York City. I hope that I can calm down the week for you and bring you back to what is within all of us; that which is only the true heart of the sophisticate.

3 comments:

  1. Great work Sarah! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read every week. Im hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!!! This is only the start! Stay tuned this Sunday for something inspiring. xo.

      Delete