Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oscar Oscar Oscar

Yes, I love going to see a good movie here and there, but let's be honest the major reason I love Oscar night is not for the show, but for the fashion. I could, however, do without listening to what Kelly Osborne has to say about a flawless Marchesa gown (when did she become an expert anyways?)...

Needless to say, here are my top choices for the Best Dressed at the 2013 Oscars:


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior: Although the dress might have been the cause of her stumble on those stairs, she picked a perfect gown to accept an oscar at the age of 22. The dress shows off her youthful figure, but also excels in exuding a high level of class.


Naomi Watts in Armani Prive`: This custom designed dress looks as if each individual sequin was almost glued right to her body. The fit and the style compliment her perfectly.



Jennifer Aniston in Valentino: looking more effortlessly stunning than I have seen in a long time. The red compliments her skintone beautifully.

And tragically, here are my choices for Worst Dressed..

Anne Hathaway in Prada: The talk about her nipples, and the boring silhouette of this dress make me want to scream! I read that she picked this dress at the very last minute, I wish she hadn't...


Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra: Why is this woman always looking such a mess? The dress did not even fit her up top, and someone pleaseeeeeee put a comb through her hair! I'm begging you!

Melissa McCarthy in David Meister: I don't know who told Melissa to wear a bag over her body this year, but combined with this old-fashioned hair style, its a big NO NO, oh god NO! Whenever stylists tell curvier women to accentuate their curves, they are telling them for a reason. Wearing something like this, Melissa looks larger than she probably is. Even the draping over her hips is not hitting at the right points...




All in all, I have to say I was a little less than impressed with the fashion at the Oscars this year. I guess now that award season is over, I can just dream of another Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton moment for next year... I'll leave you with that inspiring image... "le sigh..."


No comments:

Post a Comment