Monday, February 4, 2013

Superior Style Between the Seasons- The Black and White Edition

I am freezing.

Literally, FREEZING when I walk outside the door in New York. Last winter, was a piece of cake compared to the below 20 degree weather that has been a usual occurrence on the East Coast. Many of times over the past few weeks I keep telling my friends, "This is not my cup of tea..." Even my most stylish studded gloves can't make me smile when the cold, arctic wind is blowing in my face. Sometimes I have to touch my frozen nose to make sure it's still there.

The only thing that might be able to help me get through the next two months left of this chilling weather, could be to focus on the bright and vivacious colors that spring will add to our wardrobes.

I don't want to get overly excited and "spring" right into spring. Instead I think what we all need is a little direction on how to stay chic and put-together during those in-between season days...

Over the next few weeks, I will add to this "Superior Style Between Seasons" category, but for now lets focus on the iconic style of pairing black with white.


Here are a few looks that have some major between season sophistication:





By adding a bold lip, or a striking accessory we can give this look an extra kick into the warmer seasons. I suggest maybe adding a neon necklace or clutch to a black and white look (Rebecca Minkoff has great accessories or go to H&M if you wanna watch your spending) or wearing an unexpected orange lipstick (Nars has my favorite selection if you are looking for a bold color that can last all day).

Do not worry, we will get through these last few weeks of winter together. In the meantime, stay chic.. stay warm... stay sophisticated.

1 comment:

  1. We will get through these last few weeks of winter together! budgetstyleonashoestring@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete